Adults and children over 15 years: 1 sachet once, or repeated 2-3 times a day, in the most intense painful forms. The contents of the sachet can be placed directly on the tongue: buccal Okitask® dissolves with saliva, allowing it to be used without water.
It is preferable to take the product on a full stomach.
Do not exceed the recommended doses: elderly patients in particular should adhere to the minimum doses indicated above.
Do not use for prolonged periods of time without medical advice.
When is it contraindicated?
In case of:
• hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
• history of hypersensitivity reactions such as bronchospasm, asthma attacks, acute rhinitis, urticaria, skin rashes or other allergic-type reactions to ketoprofen, or to substances with a similar mechanism of action (eg acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs).
• third trimester of pregnancy, confirmed or presumed pregnancy, during breastfeeding and in children under 15 years of age;
• severe heart failure
• gastric or duodenal ulcer, gastritis and chronic dyspepsia;
• subjects with leukopenia or thrombocytopenia, with ongoing bleeding or bleeding diathesis, during treatment with anticoagulants;
• severe kidney or liver failure;
• patients undergoing major surgery;
• active peptic ulcer/haemorrhage or history of recurrent peptic ulcer/haemorrhage (two or more distinct episodes of proven ulceration or haemorrhage).
• previous history of gastrointestinal bleeding, ulceration or perforation related to previous treatments with NSAIDs.
Furthermore, the simultaneous administration of other anti-inflammatory drugs and acetylsalicylic acid is not recommended.
Which medicines or foods can modify the effect of the medicine?
The list of medicines and foods that can modify the effect of the medicine can be consulted on the package leaflet.
How to store Okitask® in buccal sachets?
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30°.
Okitask® 40 mg granules (in buccal sachets) is a Dompé product